Firefox » Update Notifier
- Chinese (Simplified)
- Chinese (Traditional)
- English (British)
- Indonesian (Indonesia)
- Norwegian (Bokmål)
- Portuguese (Brazilian)
- Spanish (Argentina)
- Spanish (Chile)
- Spanish (Spain)
This is an extension for Firefox and Thunderbird that notifies you when updates are available for your extensions and themes. Allows quick access to your extensions and themes and the ability to check for any available updates. Easily configurable for automatically installing updates when available and checking for updates when Firefox starts.
Installation for Firefox
- Click here to begin the install process.
- A new window should open and click Install Now.
- Click the "Edit Options..." button in the yellow bar.
- The Firefox "Allowed Sites" window will appear.
- Please enter "www.longfocus.com" then click "Allow".
- Click "Close" to close out the "Allowed Sites" window.
- Click here a second time to begin installation.
- Continue through the installation screens.
- Restart Firefox. Update Notifier will appear in the top right of Firefox next to the throbber icon (screenshots below).
If a new window didn't open from clicking above, to start the install, it's likely that the installation was blocked. At the top of your screen, you should see a yellow bar that says "To protect your computer, Firefox prevented this site from installing software on your computer." To install Update Notifier, you will need to allow downloads from this site. To do so, please follow the steps below:
Installation for Thunderbird
- Right-click here and choose Save Link As... to download the Update Notifier extension to your computer.
- Open Thunderbird, click the Tools menu, and select Extensions.
- Click the Install button, select the file you downloaded, and click OK.
- Restart Thunderbird. Update Notifier will appear in the top right of Thunderbird next to the throbber icon.